Your adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, and (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over the body for warmth.
Last night Jon and I went to dinner here for his 28th birthday. It was delicious! What did he get for his birthday? Hmm....well, all he wanted was stereo stuff for the boat. So....now we've got it! Should be fun :o)
I broke down and got the H1N1 vaccine today. I was really against it. Why? I don't really know. I just didn't want to put anything extra into my body, I guess...plus you can find bad stuff about anything on the internet if you just look. Last week my doctor emailed me and said that if I was going to get it, I had to do it by the end of the month. Some people are saying that since we're near the end of the flu season, what's the point...apparently there is some concern that there may be a "second season" for H1N1. Plus, I've been sick more this past year than I have pretty much ever...so my immune system seems to be pretty weak, and the fact that I'm pregnant, which usually leads to an even lower immune system brought be to the decision to go ahead and get the vaccine. And an added benefit, little Lemos will be protected for the first 6 months of his or her life. No turning back now, I've done it!
Two of Jon's coworkers are also having babies...one of them is due a couple of weeks after I am...and they just found out yesterday that it's TWINS! It sounds like there will be plenty of little friends for our little one!
Another busy weekend in store...the second of 3 baby showers, and the only girl! It should be fun :o)
One more day until the weekend..and then a 4 day work week! Woo!
PS~ Happy last day Steph!


Thanks Danielle! I'm FREE!
ReplyDeleteHappy 14 weeks =) Time sure does fly!
I think you made the right choice about the flu shot. Now you know the baby will be protected, and that's a good thing.